Your job as International Business Development Manager will be focused on developing a greenfield market for a disruptive player in the live events technology space. You will be an essential part of developing new clients and alliances across the Market, such as music festivals, sports venues, and corporate events, and you will be reporting to beamian founders. You will have the responsibility of building market position within your territory by locating, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships. You will also be responsible for developing a territory sales strategy for new customer acquisition and eventually deepen those relationships into an account management role.
When you contact us, please describe which job you are applying to, your true passions in the areas, why you want to excel by working with us and what is your income target (fixed and variable).
- Sales hunter: You move leads through the sales pipeline to close with a high conversion rate
- Passionate: You’re excited about people, new technology and the live events space
- Energy: You have energy for developing your territory and also for those 3 day event deliveries
- Experience: You have spent 5+ years in the live events industry and understand how promoters earn income and what their pains and necessities are
- Knowledge: You understand events intimately and can converse with a promoter as a business equal
- Collaborative negotiation Skills: You never discount price, you show value and formulate solutions where everyone wins while considering margin and revenue targets
- Objection Handling Skills: This is a disruptive technology based solution, often times you will receive negative reactions, and you must be able to handle these effectively and to turn the negotiation back in your favor
- Autonomy: You will work mainly out-of-the-office in meetings and travelling and using remote tools to support your activity (CRM, business apps, etc.);
- Listener: You understand the importance of hearing what a client has to say before offering them a solution
Entrepreneurial: beamian is an young company with a start-up spirit, and you don’t mind doing what it takes to get the job done, even if sometimes it falls out of your direct job description
- Languages: You must be fluent in English and Portuguese (Spanish will be a plus).
- Base salary with a significant upside in commission on meeting and superseding agreed targets
- You will be selling a new disruptive technology solution that will revolutionise the live events space
- Forming strategic partnerships with events stakeholders such as ticketing companies, operations organisations and sponsors
- You’ll be helping with deliveries to learn and help improve the solution, which will give you increased understanding of your client’s requirements
- Rewarding challenges – Delivering new technology into unpredictable outdoor environments with inexperienced crew members and tens of thousands of customers is challenging. It requires innovative thinking and problem-solving in multiple areas including product development, sales, delivery, customer support, data analysis and many others.
- Unique professional growth – We’re a smart, diverse, ambitious and hard-working team. We guarantee you’ll develop your skills, and your cross-industry and cross-functional knowledge immeasurably.
- Start up culture – We work in the live events industry where our clients business is delivering entertainment. We work hard, however in many ways this doesn’t feel like work. You’ll be given plenty of opportunity to direct your work according to your passion.
We have offices in Lisbon and Porto and do business all around Europe.
Please send your application to